Senior Backend Developer
Our technology platform, BuyerBridge, is seeking a Senior Backend Developer to help our development team scale our growing platform.
We are a social ad tech platform that’s currently focused in the automotive space with plans to expand to other verticals in the near future. We’ve been rapidly accelerating our production around new features and products and are seeking a talented senior backend developer to help us achieve our roadmap’s goals.
An ideal candidate would bring strong skills in developing and maintaining complex data-oriented applications and guiding team members to meet the highest standards in quality & performance with code reviews, pair-programming sessions and writing developer documentation.
A self-starter with a regimented mindset around writing maintainable and intuitive code would be a perfect match for our nimble and growing team.
Develop backend solution against assigned tasks through PHP, MySQL, Elasticsearch, Python and other technologies
Execute sprints in a timely manner
Communicate with the Technical Project Manager as well as the Engineering team members clearly and effectively on progress
Manage both system maintenance and development projects simultaneously
Adapt to changes from social media platforms quickly and easily
Communicate, collaborate, and document all processes, bug fixes, and more.
Understand how to work effectively with team members
Build upon test-based continuous integration systems
Continue to learn and seek certifications in new technologies and platforms
- 10 years experience in development in general
- 6 years experience in PHP/MySQL development
- 3 years experience with Laravel development and knowledge of its best practices
- Strong focus on big-data solutions and ETL processes
- Thorough understanding of working in a team-based environment and building upon test-based continuous integration systems
- Provide mentorship to other developers on the team
- Maintain developer documentation for existing processes and new projects that are launched into production
And we’ll be blown away if you bring any of these things to the table:
- You’re a contributor in an open-source project
- You have experience rewriting applications into microservices
- You’re an expert, or even certified in, an enterprise-level software platform that can translate into an understanding of our own product and its underlying architecture
- You’ve worked as a developer around the digital marketing space or, better yet, on a product team in ad tech
Tell us you meet all the requirements above and the rest is history!
This is a full-time position open to anyone located in the US and does not require relocation. We’re a fully remote organization as a result of the pandemic and have grown with both remote and in-office employees for years so our culture is highly tuned towards remote working.
Interested? To sweeten the deal our team thinks you should know that:
- We have a “work from anywhere” policy
- You’ll have unlimited PTO
- We’ll cover your health, dental (base plan for employee) & vision insurance
- We’ll match your 401k contributions up to 3%
You can read more about our platform here: https://buyerbridge.io
And we’d encourage all applicants to learn more about our company and culture here: https://www.dealersunited.com/company
We look forward to talking with you!
Why Work With Us?
We pivoted to 100% remote due to the pandemic, and are highly-tuned for a fun and productive remote work environment.
We love the work family we’ve built, and we know you will too. You can expect virtual lunches and happy hours to complement your work days.
Our Benefit package consists of fully-covered Medical, Dental, Vision and Life covered for our base plans, and you’ll love our new retirement plans.
401k Match & Phantom Stock
We’ll match your 401k contributions up to 3%, and you’ll get a share in our company phantom stock once you’re ramped up.
Unlimited Paid Time Off
Enjoy unlimited paid vacation time on us. We trust our employees to be “At Life:” getting the work done while still putting life first.
We offer training certification programs and employee incentives for “Learning & Leading” (sharing knowledge with your team!)
DEMANDS, DISCLAIMER & HR STUFF
Must be able to sit for extended periods of time / 100% of work-day.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities and all duties or responsibilities that will be assigned. Other duties and responsibilities will be assigned as required.
Offered position will be contingent upon successfully passing a background check.
Dealers United is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis including, but not limited to; veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, and physical or mental disability.