We’re Hiring: Head of Search Engine Marketing
A results-driven leader to spearhead best-in-class SEM results.
Dealers United is a fast-growing, full-service digital marketing agency in the automotive industry that excels at helping our dealership partners increase sales, increase market share and cut costs. Dealers United is committed to helping dealers solve challenges with best-in-class services, while providing the highest levels of accountability and customer service.
The Head of Search Engine Marketing (SEM) will develop, manage, and lead all aspects of the new (SEM) department for Dealers United’s clients. You will build and lead a team of paid search specialists, setting strategies, managing campaigns, and ensuring the highest standards of performance and ROI for our automotive clients. As the Head of Paid Search Engine Marketing, you will provide direct support and training for the Customer Experience teams, and will be responsible for your department’s overall contribution to the company’s revenue and client retention. You will report to the VP of Digital Search, collaborate with other ad platform teams, and ensure the entire Dealers United team has the latest ad platform and product knowledge as it relates to SEM.
As the leader of a new department, you will initially have dual responsibilities to lead the development of our Paid Search offering while building a team around you as the business unit grows — ultimately transitioning many of the tactical responsibilities to your team.
- Recruit, lead and mentor a team of paid search specialists, providing guidance, support, and coaching
- Foster a collaborative and high-performance work environment, encouraging professional growth and development
- Set clear performance metrics and KPIs for the team, and regularly evaluate and report on progress to the company at-large
- Coordinate the creation of training resources, standard operating procedures and other documentation for your team’s day-to-day operations
- Collaborate with product & engineering teams to identify areas where automation and self-service tools can be developed to creative efficiencies and improve customer experiences
- Plan, develop and implement paid search (SEM) strategy & campaigns — tailored to the automotive industry — while working with clients to reach their goals
- Manage the entire campaign lifecycle from strategy, implementation, optimization, bidding and quality management
- Fully own paid search optimization and ROI maximization for clients
- Ensure all campaigns run efficiently, on-schedule, within budget, while maintaining strong communication across teams and stakeholders
- Regularly perform thorough keyword research for campaign and content development that optimize pay per click campaigns (PPC)
- Identify and report on key business KPIs, testing outcomes and deliver continuous insights to inform growth
- Quickly identify optimization opportunities across campaign portfolios
- Suggest improvements for process and productivity optimization
- Stay up to date with the latest SEM / digital marketing trends, technologies and best practices to ensure our strategies remain cutting-edge
- Monitor and analyze the competitive and category landscape to inform campaign enhancements
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure seamless integration of SEM strategies with other mediums to ensure the greater digital media strategy remains cohesive
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of 5+ years of Paid Search / Search Engine Marketing campaign management
- Previous experience in a client-facing role explaining digital media and corresponding metrics
- Automotive experience is preferred
- Previous management experience (2+ years) is a preferred
- Experience developing and maintaining paid search campaigns
- Strong understanding of advertising metrics in paid search (CPC, CTR, ROI, conversion rates)
- Knowledge of content development & landing page optimization best practices a plus
- Proficient in Google Ads Manager, Google Analytics, Microsoft Ads, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Expert understanding of bidding strategies, advanced optimization techniques and analytics platforms
- Experience with research tools including keyword estimators, SEM Rush, AHREFs, Similar Web, Moz, SpyFu or similar tools
- Strong organizational and project management skills, in addition to excellent written and verbal communication skills, in a professional environment
- Multi-task effectively with precise attention to detail
- Goal-driven and self-motivated team player with a passion for learning
- Ability to anticipate and creatively resolve problems
- Exceptional team player possessing initiative and motivation to work unsupervised
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
KEY MEASURES OF SUCCESS:
- SEM campaign performance against both client and company KPIs
- Revenue growth
- Client retention
- The compensation structure for this position is a salaried position and is eligible for bonuses in addition.
TOOLS WE USE:
- Hubspot CRM
- BuyerBridge Platform
- Business / Ads Managers
- Google Suite
Why Work With Us?
HQ in Florida
We are headquartered in Sarasota, Florida! When we get together for team events, you’ll be sure to enjoy the sunshine & proximity to our white-sand beaches.
We love the work family we’ve built, and we know you will too. You can expect Scavenger Hunts and happy hours to complement your work days.
Our Benefit package consists of fully-covered Medical, Dental, Vision and Life covered for our base plans, and you’ll love our new retirement plans.
401k Match & Phantom Stock
We’ll match your 401k contributions up to 3%, and you’ll get a share in our company phantom stock once you’re ramped up.
Unlimited Paid Time Off
Enjoy unlimited paid vacation time on us. We trust our employees to be “At Life:” getting the work done while still putting life first.
We offer training certification programs and employee incentives for “Learning & Leading” (sharing knowledge with your team!)
DEMANDS, DISCLAIMER & HR STUFF
Must be able to sit for extended periods of time / 100% of work-day.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities and all duties or responsibilities that will be assigned. Other duties and responsibilities will be assigned as required.
Offered position will be contingent upon successfully passing a background check.
Dealers United is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis including, but not limited to; veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, and physical or mental disability.